Bathroom Remodeling In 2022
What Are Top Trends In Bathroom Remodeling In 2022?
If this year is post-pandemic, you can be sure that bathroom remodeling trends will be booming in 2022. After a year of being cooped up at home, people will want to invest in making their homes more comfortable and stylish. Here are some of the bathroom remodeling trends that we predict will be popular next year.
Bath Remodeling Trends This Year
1. Minimalist design – with people spending more time at home, they will want to create a calming, relaxing environment in their bathrooms. This means opting for simple, clean designs that make the most of the space without feeling too cluttered or busy. Large and heavy furniture should not be placed in a small bathroom, as you are well aware. A minimalist design seems like a good notion, and it should be used to its fullest in bathroom design especially when you need to maximize available space. Replace cabinets and shelves with a wall-mounted sink that has a towel rack at the bottom and a wooden ladder for storage. You may decide to get rid of your heavy tub by installing a light and small shower stall or just an open shower. When used together, these solutions will instantly free up the space to make it look more spacious and far more attractive.
2. High-tech features – as people are spending more time in their bathrooms, they will want to incorporate modern technology into this space. This could mean installing heated flooring that keeps your feet warm while you get ready in the morning, or adding a smart mirror that can give you live weather updates and play your favorite music while you get ready. Behind a two-way mirror, a smart mirror houses a monitor and a small computer. It may display the time, weather, calendar events, and current happenings, as well as daily news. Advanced smart mirrors are touch-enabled and include a camera, a microphone, speakers, and many sensors. Basic smart mirrors merely show information.
3. Natural materials – another trend that we are likely to see in 2022 is the use of natural materials like stone, wood, and marble in bathroom design. These materials add a sense of luxury and calmness to any space, making them perfect for the bathroom. If you are looking to add a natural element to your bathroom, consider using stone or wood for your countertops, floors, or walls. You could also install a marble countertop or use wood paneling on the walls.
4. Light Colors And Small Color Accents – Bolder colors can make a smaller space feel crowded. While avoiding solid white blank designs, a light color scheme is a great way to make small bathrooms feel more open and spacious. You can also add interesting accents with small pops of color, such as by using a bright faucet or showerhead.
2. Spa-like features – with people wanting to create a calm, relaxing atmosphere at home, many will be looking for spa-like features such as steam showers and deep soaking tubs.
3. Smart technology – as people become more reliant on technology, they will want to incorporate it into their bathrooms as well. This could include features such as hands-free faucets and toilets, Bluetooth speakers, and even TV screens.
4. Eco-friendly fixtures – with people becoming more conscious of the environment and sustainability, they will be looking for eco-friendly fixtures and materials such as low-flow toilets and countertops made from recycled materials.
Zones and Niches In Bathroom Design
One of the best ways to make the most of a smaller or medium sized bathroom is to use zones and niches to create separate spaces. For example, you could have a vanity area with a sink and mirror, a shower area, and a toilet area. This will help to make the space feel more spacious and organized.
Another way to use your space wisely is to consider custom storage solutions. For example, you could install built-in cabinets or shelves that fit seamlessly into your design and utilize otherwise wasted spaces along walls and in corners.
If you are looking for inspiration for your bathroom remodel, be sure to do plenty of research and look at photos of other people’s bathrooms to get ideas and find inspiration. Some great resources to check out include home design websites, bathroom remodeling blogs, and Pinterest boards.
Whatever your vision for your bathroom remodel, remember that it is important to take the time to plan everything out carefully before you begin any work. This will help ensure that your renovation goes smoothly and that you get
While the future of bathroom remodeling is uncertain, one thing is clear – people are going to want to invest in making their homes more stylish and comfortable in 2022. Whether you plan on updating your bathroom next year or not, these trends are definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Whether you are looking to remodel your bathroom on your own or hire a professional to help, there are many trends to consider for the year ahead. With these ideas in mind, you can create a stylish and functional bathroom that suits your needs and makes the most of the space.