Is A One-Day Bathroom Remodel Possible?
The Typical One-Day Bathroom Remodel
There are companies that will take your existing bathroom, fixtures, walls, tub & shower and essentially re-surface the entire thing. The configuration stays the same and you essentially have a brand new bathroom in one day. You can even change the color scheme if you’d like.
This is especially effective if your existing tub & shower are still in good condition and you don’t need to make any major changes. The process usually involves bonding a new acrylic surface over your old fixtures. The result is a brand new, seamless look that’s easy to clean and maintain. You can have a brand new bathroom without major changes or tearing out your old fixtures.
That Pre-Fab Look Is Unmistakable
But, it’s a little like adding a layer of epoxy or, in this case, acrylic right over top of your existing bathroom. It has a sort of pre-fab home look to it but it is clean and bright and it can be done in a day or two. If you’re looking for a luxury bathroom with a custom design, look past the quick shortcut solution. Get it done right.
The Steps For A Custom Bathroom Remodel Are More Involved
However, if you want a full remodel that makes your bathroom into a truly new experience to enjoy in the smallest room that everyone spends time in every day, you’re going to have to do a little more work. But, don’t despair, you can still have that beautiful new bathroom relatively fast if planning is done correctly from the start. You’ll just need to plan well, preferably with professional help, be flexible about the availability of materials and fixture choices, and be willing to spend a few days getting the job done right.
First, you’ll need to demo the existing bathroom. This will include, at the very least, tearing out the old fixtures, toilets, sinks, tubs and showers. You’ll also need to remove any flooring, tile or linoleum. Once you have a completely empty room, you can start with a blank slate to work from.
If you’re planning on using the same floor plan, great! You’ll have less work to do. If you’re changing the layout of the bathroom, now is the time to make those changes. It’s much easier to work with plumbing and other fixtures when there are no cabinets or fixtures in the way.
Step By Step For DIY
Remodeling a bathroom can be a daunting task, but if you plan well and are willing to work with readily available choices of materials and designs, it can be a relatively quick and easy process. Here are the basic steps you can expect to take when remodeling your bathroom:
1. Demo the existing bathroom. This includes removing all fixtures, toilets, sinks, tubs and showers. You’ll also need to remove any flooring, tile, or linoleum. Once everything is out of the way, you’ll have a blank slate to work with. This can be an exciting time, as you start to imagine how your new bathroom will look. But it’s also important to take your time and think carefully about your design before you start construction. By careful planning and execution, you can create a beautiful and functional bathroom that will serve you well for years to come.
2. If you’re changing the layout of the bathroom, now is the time to make those changes. Expansion can be a great way to increase the value of your home, but it’s important to make sure that any expansion is done correctly. That means ensuring that any load bearing walls are properly supported, and that all necessary permits are obtained. With expansion comes increased responsibility, but it can also be a great opportunity to improve your home in a significant way.
3. Install new fixtures, toilets, sinks, tubs and showers. This is where the benefit of a remodel really shines through. The bathroom is the one area in most homes that can really benefit from some updates, and new fixtures make a big difference. Toilets, sinks, tubs, and showers all see a lot of use, so they can start to show their age after a while. Plus, outdated fixtures can be less efficient and use more water than newer models. When you’re ready to install new fixtures, it’s important to hire skilled tradespeople who have experience with this type of work. They’ll know how to properly seal the new fixtures so there are no leaks, and they’ll be able to correctly hook up all the plumbing. With their help, you can give your bathroom a whole new look.
4. Install new flooring, tile or linoleum. This is another area where updates can really make a difference. Old, worn-out flooring can make your bathroom look dated, while new materials can give it a fresh, updated look. You’ll need to consider the type of material you want to use, as well as the cost and installation time when making your decision. If you’re not sure what to choose, talking to a professional remodeler or flooring specialist can be a great way to get some ideas.
5. Hang new cabinets and install countertops. If your bathroom doesn’t currently have any cabinets, or if the ones you do have are old and outdated, it’s time to consider adding some new ones. New cabinets can provide much-needed storage space, and they can also give your bathroom a whole new look. Be sure to measure the space carefully before you order cabinets so you know they’ll fit properly, and take the time to choose cabinets that complement the style of your bathroom. Once you have new cabinets, you’ll need to install countertops. Again, it’s important to measure carefully so the countertops fit properly, and you may want to consider having a professional help you with this step to ensure everything is installed correctly.
6. Paint the walls and ceiling. Once all the major changes are made, it’s time to add the finishing touches. A fresh coat of paint can really brighten up a bathroom and make it feel brand new. Be sure to use paint that’s designed for bathrooms so it can stand up to the humidity, and choose colors that you love.
7. Accessorize! The final step in your bathroom remodel is to add some finishing touches that will really make the space your own. Add those final touches, such as towel racks, mirrors and light fixtures. Choose Towels, rugs, shower curtains, and other accessories that fit the style of your new bathroom. With a little bit of planning and execution, you can create a beautiful and functional bathroom that will serve you well for years to come.
Hire A Professional, Qualified Remodeling Contractor
You can see from the steps above, that a one-day bathroom remodel may not always be the right thing for a homeowner. If you ever really want a change you’ll be removing the added layer of acrylic along with the usual demo work. Be sure to do your research and talk to the professionals to get the most out of your remodel. With our help at Box Construction, Inc. In planning and designing, we’ll be with you every step of the way.