So you’re thinking it’s time to catch your home up with kitchen remodeling that puts it in the running for a truly modern look and feel, especially if you’re planning to sell over the next five to ten years.
What kitchen renovation ideas are going to really make a difference and keep the most value in your home?
Here are 5 Kitchen Remodel Winners to create the most appeal when selling your home in the future.
- Two-toned cabinets: Two-toned cabinets are a versatile and stylish option that can be adapted to different trends. For example, you could choose to pair white cabinets with a darker wood tone, or black cabinets with a lighter gray.
- Quartz countertops: Quartz countertops are durable, easy to clean, and available in a wide variety of colors and patterns. They are also non-porous, which means they resist bacteria and staining.
- Integrated appliances: Integrated appliances are hidden behind cabinet doors, which can create a more streamlined and modern look. They are also quieter than traditional appliances.
- Kitchen islands: Kitchen islands provide extra counter space and seating, and they can also be used to house appliances such as sinks, cooktops, and dishwashers.
- Walk-in pantries: Walk-in pantries provide ample storage space for food and kitchen supplies. They are also a great way to keep your kitchen organized and clutter-free.
7 points of practical advice on considerations to remodel your kitchen in Temecula or Murrieta, CA with lasting value and wide appeal:
- Choose classic materials, finishes and colors. While trendy materials and finishes may be appealing in the short term, they can quickly go out of style. Choosing classic materials and finishes, such as quartz countertops, white cabinets, and stainless steel appliances, will help to ensure that your kitchen remains timeless and appealing to a wide range of buyers. You may have always dreamed of having an “under the sea” theme of turquoise, blue and green theme in your very own Californian fish grill but it may prove a lot more difficult to sell.
- Invest in high-quality workmanship. This just goes almost without saying but you can rest assured that Box Construction focuses on the highest quality custom-crafted design and remodeling with extreme attention to every individual need and taste that is never approached by a large-scale cookie-cutter home remodeler. A well-remodeled kitchen will last for many years, so it is important to invest in high-quality workmanship. Hire the most reputable contractor you can, starting with Box Construction, Inc., who has proven experience with kitchen remodeling, and be sure to get everything in writing, including the scope of work, timeline, and budget. Of course, we’re ready to serve in every capacity!
- Create a functional and efficient layout. We use 3d design and planning software to create a virtual layout of your kitchen design before the first tool is ever applied to your project. When planning your kitchen remodel, consider how you use the space and what features are most important to you. Make sure to create a layout that is both functional and efficient, with plenty of counter space, storage, and work areas. You can never go wrong with increasing the functional space of your kitchen.
- Add natural light. This really pairs with the idea of increased usable space in your kitchen. Natural light can make a kitchen feel more spacious and inviting. If possible, try to incorporate more natural light into your kitchen design. This could involve adding skylights, enlarging windows, or removing walls to create an open-concept space.
- Consider your lifestyle. Think about how you use your kitchen on a daily basis and make sure to incorporate features that will meet your needs. For example, if you have a large family, you may need a kitchen with plenty of seating and storage. Or, if you love to cook, you may want to invest in high-end appliances. Chances are, when you sell your home, a family with similar lifestyle needs will have the same considerations for the kitchen.
- Don’t forget the details. The small details can make a big difference in the overall look and feel of your kitchen. Be sure to carefully consider everything from the hardware on your cabinets to the lighting fixtures in your ceiling.
- Stay within your budget. It is important to set a budget for your kitchen remodel and stick to it. Be sure to factor in the cost of materials, labor, and permits. It is also a good idea to have a contingency fund in case of unexpected expenses.
Remember that remodeling your kitchen isn’t an investment in increased property value. You’ll most likely get back some, but not all, your initial remodeling investment but whatever you get back can be considered a discount on your remodel and add more value and appeal to your home when it’s time to sell. Your primary purpose in remodeling is for your enjoyment of your new kitchen space over years to come. Getting some of your investment back when you sell your home is just a nice bonus. By following these tips, you can remodel your kitchen in a way that will add value to your home and appeal to a wide range of buyers.
Contact us today here or by calling 951-336-0550 to get started on your kitchen transformation.